Publisher BadLand Games and Spanish studio Santa Clara Games are getting ready to release the 8-bit top-down shooter 8DAYS on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (digital) February 7, 2017
A pixelated exercise in precision, patience, and peacekeeping, 8DAYS is already out on Steam. New players can now prove their mettle with a free demo: http://store.steampowered.com/app/409530/
Do you go in with guns blazing — or do you wait patiently in the shadows? Stand at attention, comrade: There’s going to be enough blood and bullets to start a war!
G.O.D. Inc. is the world leader in the Private Military Company (PMC) sector — bringing peace to those conflict areas where its clients have strategic interests. In 8DAYS, players take on the role of Lola “Wasp” Cruz and Mike “Ghost” Doe — two of G.O.D.’s expendable mercenaries. G.O.D. and 8DAYS Magazine are modern instruments used to keep the masses under control. G.O.D. is primarily a peacekeeping force, and the 8DAYS Magazine keeps public opinion in line.
In the full game, players will unravel closely guarded secrets while keeping the peace throughout five intense chapters — on their own or with the help of a friend in local co-op.
8DAYS also features an original soundtrack; the title song, “Wildlands,” sets the scene before players go into battle:
* Dual-stick shooter with non-stop action.
* Hidden characters to find and secrets to uncover!
* Two gameplay modes: single-player and local two-player co-op.
* Five chapters — including the previously released “Mission 1: Rice Wars.”
* Solid 2D arcade mechanics mixed with 3D input controls.
* Adaptive enemy A.I. makes each playthrough unique.
* Original OST features 31 heart-pumping tracks.
The PS4 and Xbox One digital SKU will be released on February 7, 2017. The new 8DAYS PC demo is FREE and can be downloaded from the Steam store now.