Are you a fan of Hotline Miami and Retro City Rampage? Then 8DAYS — launching today on Steam — might be right up your alley
Published by BadLand Games and developed by Spanish studio Santa Clara Games, 8DAYS has players fight in the name of G.O.D. Inc. (Gold, Oil, and Diamonds) through more than five chapters of non-stop 8-bit action.
8DAYS was awarded Best Gameplay at Granada Gaming Festival 2015 and nominated for the AzPlay International Festival of Independent Games 2015. In fact, the game has already seen marked success after the release of the first “mission” on the Humble Store.
In 8DAYS, players unravel closely guarded secrets while keeping the peace — on their own or with the help of a friend in local co-op.
PEACE IS OUR BUSINESS
G.O.D. Inc. is the world leader in the Private Military Company (PMC) sector — bringing peace to those conflict areas where its clients have strategic interests. In 8DAYS, players take on the role of Lola “Wasp” Cruz and Mike “Ghost” Doe — two of G.O.D.’s expendable mercenaries. G.O.D. and 8DAYS Magazine are modern instruments used to keep the masses under control. G.O.D. is primarily a peacekeeping force, and the 8DAYS Magazine keeps public opinion in line.
* Dual-stick shooter with non-stop action.
* High replay value: Each chapter has hidden secrets — and players can progress in different ways every time they play.
* 2 modes: single-player and local 2-player co-op.
* 5 chapters — including the previously released “Mission 1: Rice Wars.”
* Solid 2D arcade mechanics mixed with 3D input controls (keyboard and mouse/dual stick gamepad).
8DAYS is now available on Steam (Windows/Mac) for $12.99.