The playfield looks simple at first glance, but once the action begins, complexity unfolds at a rapid pace. INVERSUS is a negative-space shooter for one to four friends (online and local) developed by Ryan Juckett, the designer, programmer and artist behind Hypersect.
The concept is simple yet unique: My walls are your paths and your walls are my paths. Each shot flips tile colors in an attempt to block, trap and close in on the enemy. Firing a bullet opens up a path for you while also closing off a path for me. But, it’s almost easier to understand by seeing it in action.
Watch the INVERSUS Versus Gameplay Trailer.
Additionally, the Arcade mode will test the reflexes of even the most nimble of hands. “One of the key things I’ve taken from working as the lead sandbox engineer on the multiplayer shooter, Destiny, is the critical attention to feel and feedback in gameplay,” said Hypersect’s Ryan Juckett. “It’s what players will notice right away in INVERSUS, and something I’ve consistently seen people enjoy.” Watch it in action below:
Watch the INVERSUS Arcade Gameplay Trailer.
- Online and local multiplayer (1-4 players)
- Gameplay-first design focused on an original mechanic
- Over thirty unique maps to play on
- Competitive battles in 1v1 and 2v2 modes
- Fight for the world record in single-player and cooperative multiplayer arcade modes
- A constantly changing board makes every game a fresh experience
- Rewarding for both strategy and skill as you balance spatial control with quick reflexes
INVERSUS launches on PC (Windows) and PlayStation 4 on August 16, 2016 for $14.99 (USD). Pre-orders are available for Steam on http://www.inversusgame.com/ and on the Humble Store (https://www.humblebundle.com/store/inversus) for 10% off. Follow Hypersect on Twitter, Twitch or click the like button on Facebook.