The “Pterosaur Hill” DLC is built around the concept of flight. Three new maps are included: Mountain Lake, Crystal Sky Lift, and Aviary. In addition to using land-based vehicles, players will now get to: float in a hot air balloon overseeing Mountain Lake; ride the Crystal Sky lift, where they can soar through the clouds; and gaze upon the majestic nest of Quetzalcoatlus – the largest prehistoric flying creature – in the Aviary.
As players progress through the DLC, they’ll meet more than 10 different new species – including the hawk-like Meganeura and the several-meters-long Arthropleaura millipedes. On the dinosaur front, “Pterosaur Hill” will feature the Diplodocus, Pachyrhinosaurus (a.k.a. “Pachy”), Compsognathus (a.k.a. “Compy”), Therizinosaurus, and Gallimimus. – among others. Players interested in learning about ancient creatures can pick up their gene-scanning gun once again and add to their collection!
Air battles are a key component of “Pterosaur Hill.” Players will be able to hop on a Pterosaur to show off their excellent air combat skills – then traverse the treacherous Death Canyon to find the nest of a fire-breathing dragon. “Pterosaur Hill” also features new weapons and items to spice up combat. For instance, players will be able to equip a Tachi sword to slash away at overly aggressive dinos (the precursor to the katana) and a powerful shotgun perfect for dispatching large numbers of enemies.
- Explore a variety of maps without a linear storyline.
- Collect eggs and incubate them to raise your own little dinosaurs.
- Find materials such as Dinosaur DNA and trade them to craft useful items and more powerful weapons.
- Defend the park and its vital technology from rampaging dinosaurs across 6 gorgeous environments.
- Revisit the dinosaurs from the popular title ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Play with voiceovers and subtitles in English, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified).
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
“Pterosaur Hill” will be available for free to all current ARK Park users by the end of June (PSVR might take a couple extra weeks).
ARK Park is on the HTC Vive (SteamVR and Viveport), PSVR, Oculus Rift, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.