Thanksgiving is upon us and the team at Studio Wildcard is ready to celebrate and give players a bounty of goodies! Today launched the Turkey Trial 2 event in ARK: Survival Evolved for Steam PC/Mac/Linux where ARK’s biomes are now host to savage, blood-thirsty mutant Super Turkeys. Players can hunt these brutal birds of prey, harvesting their wishbones and using them to craft an event-exclusive ornamental “Chieftain Headdress”, or use their poultry-powered gains to summon the mighty DodoRex to do their bidding.
With the launch of Steam’s Autumn sale, now is the perfect time to grab ARK: Survival Evolved on PC/Mac/Linux for a 50% discount, and the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack for 25% off here.
Along with the launch of the Turkey Trial 2 Event comes even more content goodness, bringing the Steam game to v252.0 and featuring:
- New Dinos: Achatina, Megalosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, and Moschops
- New Mechanic: Breeding Phase 3 with Random Mutations and Family Trees.
- CrossARK Transfer: Easily bring characters and items back and forth between islands in the base game and the Scorched Earth expansion
- All-new Caves on The Island, redesigned with proper shipping-quality layouts and graphics & increased challenge (ALL Cave Structures will necessarily be wiped in this version).
- Explorer Notes: Two new mythos Explorer Notes for each character
- A huge increase in server performance (20% faster!)
- Whistle Ordering Groups! Create groups by class, or specific-dino!
- New Whistle Type: “Move To”, point at an arbitrary location and tell your dinos to move there!
- VFX Indicators for Whistle Commands: Move To, Attack, and Group-Selected Units.
New Dinos and Creatures!
Achatina Limusegnis: Slow and steady, that’s the best way to describe the Achatina, a land mollusk standing about 2-3 ft tall. Prized by local tribes, the Achatina is often captured and tamed for its glue-like secretions, which can be used as an adhesive when building various structures.
Megalosaurus Noctedominus: The scary nighttime predator Megalosaurus is a beast that causes both survivors and other land creatures to fear the dark. Megalosaurus is a voracious carnivore, and is often trained for use in nighttime raids against other survivor camps.
Moschops Cibumutante: While on the subject of cowardly dinos, there’s the Moschops, another new addition in this update. Moschops defines fear, as in fear-ful, since the slightest provocation sends it running. This dino’s “special ability” is that it can eat just about anything and do just fine. This makes it particularly useful when domesticated and trained to eat specific materials – for example, teach it to focus on chewing a specific material, and that resource will become easier to harvest. Just remember that everything scares this breed of dino and it will flee without hesitation!
Pachyrhinosaurus Mitisaura: A bit of a scaredy-cat, the Pachyrhinosaurus doesn’t stick around when things get dangerous, as being a medium-sized herbivore doesn’t offer many attack opportunities. Its docility nature does make it useful as an easy-to-train mount for new riders, and its ability to produce a calming “scent” when in danger, helps keep survivors safe. The Pachyrhinosaurus can also reverse the effect of its scent cloud, making nearby creatures incredibly aggressive, which is sometimes useful in attacking other camps.
All New Caves on The Island!