Today SOEDESCO revealed that the fast-paced Real Time Strategy game 8-Bit Armies is coming to PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on the 21st of September, both digitally and physically. The eagerly awaited action-strategy title was created by the Command & Conquer™ era veterans at Petroglyph.
Blast from the past
8-Bit Armies is a tribute to classic RTS games and is suitable for existing fans and new players of the genre seeking a friendly approach to strategy gaming. With a colorful, blocky voxel art style, the game is accessible to anyone regardless of experience.
The game is further enhanced with an all-original soundtrack from Command & Conquer™ music composer Frank Klepacki, reminiscent of some of his greatest hits from previous Westwood Studios RTS games.
Built for Console
8-Bit Armies uses a unique and simplified control scheme allowing future generals to quickly control hundreds of units on the brightly colored battlefield. Players can easily collect resources, build up and defend their bases, amass armies of easy to command military units, research devastating superweapons and ultimately crush their opponents!
● Play with easy to understand military units and structures
● Obliterate your enemies in a variety of colorful, destructible maps
● Complete 40 single-player missions and 12 co-op missions
● Compete in online multiplayer with up to five other players or AIs
● Enjoy easy controls that are perfectly adapted to consoles