Headup Games and Big Moustache Games announce their cooperation on Grimmwood, a challenging social multiplayer RPG experience, seamlessly blending elements of survival, roguelike and exploration.
In Grimmwood, you defend your village together with up to 30 strangers in an ageless mystical forest. Fight against the merciless monster hordes that unleash their wrath against your shelter every night. Until mid of July, you’ll find the Open Beta on Steam for free:
You’re in a village in an ageless, mystical forest, together with up to 30 other strangers all of which are real, live players. Together you need to defend your village against the merciless monster hordes who unleash their wrath against your shelter every night. Use the daytime wisely to explore, gather resources, upgrade and repair. But to be able to do all that you have to eat, drink and rest, because every action in the game takes its toll on your stamina and sanity.
• Against all Odds: Survive by turning a bunch of strangers into a sworn fellowship.
• Every Game is a new Journey: Huge, procedurally generated hex grid forest map to explore – 600 tiles in size!
• Choose your Path wisely: Every action costs stamina points of which you have only a limited number each day.
• Continuous Asynchronous Multiplayer: Log in at any time during the real-time 24-hour day cycle to gear up with your fellow villagers and fortify the defenses or venture into the wild together.
• Keep your Body and Soul in check: Sanity and condition systems which will directly and indirectly affect your efficiency and playstyle.
• Strong Emphasis on Social Interaction: In-game Chat and Forum, where all key decisions are put up for discussion.
• Permadeath, Roguelike Elements: Everything you bring with you to the next Village is your knowledge and your ingenuity.
• Play by the Rules – or don’t: Vote to expel the Villagers who don’t contribute to the Village survival or simply try to ruin everybody’s experience.