inXile Entertainment announces Wasteland 3, sequel to 2014’s Wasteland 2, which stands as one of the most successful videogame crowdfunding projects, and delivering with an 87 Metacritic score. The Wasteland 3 crowdfunding campaign on Fig (fig.co/w3) offers both equity and rewards options, with an overall goal of raising $2.75M USD, $2.25M coming from equity.
“If a platform like Fig had existed back when we kickstarted the Wasteland 2 campaign, investors would have been very happy,” said Brian Fargo, CEO, inXile Entertainment. “We want to take our Wasteland franchise to a darker and brutal post-apocalyptic setting that builds on the foundation of Wasteland 2. A game that is ambitious in reactivity and with new features like multi-player and the integration of vehicles into the world.”
In Wasteland 3, inXile builds upon its award-winning franchise, beginning shortly after the end of Wasteland, with the player starting the game as the sole survivor of Team November, a Ranger squad dispatched to the icy Colorado wastes. Colorado is a land of buried secrets, lost technology, fearsome lunatics, and deadly factions, most of which have never heard of the Desert Rangers.
About Wasteland 3
Wasteland 3 is party-based roleplaying game, playable in single-player or multiplayer, with a renewed focus on reactivity and strategic combat.
- MULTI-PLAYER: Playable in single- and multiplayer experiences.
- COMBAT: Deep turn-based combat, evolving on Wasteland 2’s strategic options and unique encounter design
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, Wasteland 3 evolves from Wasteland 2’s deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- GAMEPLAY: For the first time, players can play by themselves or with friends in a story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer experience. Choices open up mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and tons of other content.
- RANGER BASE: Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- ENVIRONMENT: The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- STORYLINE: Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- PLATFORMS: Simultaneously releasing to Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Backer – Deals
- DEALS for FIG: Returning backers of all inXile projects will receive a $5 discount on rewards backing.
- FREE GAME: All fans backing within the first 48 hours will receive a free game, either the horror adventure game STASIS or the old school turn-based post-apocalyptic RPG UnderRail.
About inXile Entertainment
Wasteland 3 marks inXile Entertainment’s continued position as one of the most successful video game companies using crowdfunding platforms, possessing a consecutive string of successful campaigns for Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and Bard’s Tale IV. inXile Entertainment is a premiere videogame development studio with locations in Newport Beach, CA and New Orleans, LA. Headed by Brian Fargo, inXile Entertainment is home to both industry veterans and up-and-coming talent, and is at the cutting edge of innovation in delivering high-quality titles to our passionate and dedicated fan base.