Developer Team Fractal Alligator and indie label Surprise Attack Games today announce the release of Hacknet Labyrinths, a major expansion for terminal-based hacking simulator, Hacknet.
Adding a new 3-4 hour chapter to the original game, Hacknet Labyrinths sees the player recruited by the mysterious Kaguya to join a small team of elite hackers. Working together the other members of the team, the player will take on a series of perilous data heists in a quest for powerful new tools and programs.
The expansion features a new series of networks to explore and puts new tools at the player’s disposal, including the Memory Analyzer, capable of performing memory forensics on RAM on any server in the game, revealing new secrets and programs. Labyrinths will also include a killer new soundtrack featuring Remi (AKA The Algorithm), HOME, and synth superstar OGRE.
Assets including screens and key art are available here
Released in August 2015, Hacknet is a narrative-driven hacking simulator. Since launch it has sold more than 385,000 units and grossed more than US$2million.
Hacknet Labyrinths releases on 31 March for Windows, Mac and Linux via Steam and Humble at a price of US $6.99, with a special discount launch week price of $4.99.
Where to find the Labyrinths content:
Labyrinths takes place before the end of the base game. Players can access it from two points within Hacknet — either as a mission from Entropy after they’ve completed a few contracts there, or from CSEC. Players can also access Labyrinths from CSEC if they have a completed game save file, or if up to that stage of the game already.
- Major expansion to the critically lauded Hacknet
- A new 3-4 hour chapter set within Hacknet’s main story arc
- Join a team and work together to complete daring and perilous data heists
- New, more powerful hacking tools and programs
- Email is out, IRC is in – for more dynamic communication with your team
- More complex missions, security systems and networks
- New tools reveal secrets hidden throughout the original
- New soundtrack featuring Remi and synth superstar OGRE