– Independent developer Mad Head Games, today announced that Rocking Pilot, its twin-stick bullet hell shooter, will launch on May 15th. Developed in collaboration between Mad Head Games and Gungrounds, Rocking Pilot is the first release through Mad Head’s new Indie Accelerator Program. Rocking Pilot will launch on PC via Steam for $5.99 and is also coming to PS4 at a later date. Rocking Pilot is a single player top-down shooter that combines combo high score chasing, cartoony graphics, fast-paced arcade gameplay, a heavy rock soundtrack and crazy weapons into one awesome package.
“We’re really happy to be releasing Rocking Pilot, a game that’s been incubating at Mad Head Games and Gungrounds over the last year. As our first game outside of the Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure genre, I hope players enjoy it as we start to diversify our catalogue and start to demonstrate what our team is capable of,” said Nenad Tomic, CEO of Mad Head Games. “It started off as a simple flash game but we saw it had loads of potential and decided we could turn it into something special. After many sleepless nights spent fine tuning the game, we can’t wait to share this passion project with players across the world!”
In the world of Rocking Pilot, war has become a televised entertainment program run by WYNC Studio 1. After a rigorous training regime watching hundreds of action movies, “The Pilot” is now combat trained. He’s ready to become a reality TV star, but more importantly find a way to put an end to all this madness.
Featuring intuitive twin-stick controls and deadly bullet hell arenas, Rocking Pilot will have players showing off their skills as they rack up high scores with the combo meter by defeating enemies. On top of your traditional arsenal of machine guns, rockets and more, your chopper’’s propellers have been replaced with deadly rotor blades, allowing for simultaneous carnage from close-quarters and long range. Levels also have optional objectives that will net players a greater score and additional cash to spend on new chopper skills, weapon upgrades and more. With a punk spirit, zany characters and fast-paced arcade gameplay, Rocking Pilot is a contemporary version of the classic shoot ‘em ups of the 90s consoles and arcades!
Additional Rocking Pilot Features:
- Loaded with content! 42 missions, 4 worlds and a huge number of enemies! Play the story campaign, 16 score missions, and 4 survival challenges.
- A powerful arsenal of upgrades and ways to combine them! Use everything from lasers and mini-guns to nukes and rotor blades.
- Rotor blades! Activate your overdrive to deflect bullets and survive environmental harm or use it to cut through opponents – quick thinking is required.
- Collectables galore! 76 trophies, 96 crowns and 34 skulls in the main campaign, plus optional missions for greater rewards.
- Online score challenges and leaderboards! Compete with friends and other players around the world to see who is the ultimate pilot
Rocking Pilot will launch on PC via Steam on May 15th, priced at $5.99. Rocking Pilot is also planned to launch for PS4 at a later date.