Russian Subway Dogs is nearing its release for PC, Xbox One, PS4, and PS Vita later this year and we wanted to introduce you to our full lineup of amazing (or at least amazingly weird) guest characters!
Russian Subway Dogs is a systemic arcade game inspired by the real life stray dogs of Moscow Metro. These dogs have actually learned to how to navigate the subways and commute from the quiet safe suburban stations to the downtown where they can scavenge for food. The Moscow Metro happens to also be an amazing setting featuring some of the most beautiful stations in the world that we’ve meticulously recreated in detailed pixel art.
You play as one of these stray dogs, scaring commuters to steal their food, competing with other wildlife, and cooking the occasional meal with highly explosive vodka. If you played our demo at PlayStation Experience, PAX, or other events, you’ll know you can play as more than just a stray subway mutt. We’ve teamed up with other indie creators to bring their dogs, cats and other critters to the game!
Our line up of canine and kitty criminals we’ve already revealed include:
- Meme hero, Question Hound (aka “the This is Fine Dog”) from the comic Gunshow.
- Revolutionary canines Nacho and Rad Shiba from the PS Vita game VA-11 HALL-A
- Hybrid trash vermin, the Ratcoon, from action roguelike Ruin of the Reckless.
- Our own demonic Clawed Kitty, inspired by our previous game, They Bleed Pixels.
- The Proletaricat, your boss and head feline of the pack.