For those of you that have been sharpening their teeth waiting for Starpoint Gemini 2 Xbox One version to go on sale, wait no longer. A price drop for the game has been announced for the first time since its December launch. So all you spacesim fans can grab it for as little as $23.44. Don’t leave it too late though – the sale only lasts until March 7th, 2016!
You’ve probably already seen Starpoint Gemini 2 luanch trailer and put it on your wish list, just waiting for the price to go down a bit, right? Great! Then jump to Games With Gold and give yourself a present by buying a copy of the game. Or 10. In the end, who knows when there will be another occasion like this?
The developers were encouraged by the great reception to keep working hard on supporting the game post-launch and have recently released the first patch for the Xbox One version, which includes the following improvements:
- Possible crashes in combat with Fighters were fixed.
- Bugs with the Freelancer, Shipping Magnate, Hitchhiker’s Guide, and Manic Mechanic Achievements were killed.
- Fixed Options (General) – unable to apply modified “Camera Rotation Sensitivity”
- A problem with captured (+ grappled) ships disappearing when towed to a station or planet was fixed.
- A problem with heavy weapon systems sometimes disappearing when switching ships was fixed.
- Occasional glitches with prices on stations were removed.
- The problem with defense platforms that couldn’t be completely destroyed in some missions was solved.
Plus, the rendering system has been slightly modified to increase the speed of streaming between sectors.
Starpoint Gemini 2 will take you on a breathtaking journey involving dark secrets and unimaginable twists to finally unveil the incredible truth…
- Complex but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes, and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system.
- Fifty diverse factions, ranging from states and companies to outlaws locked in a power struggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions are generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
The Xbox One version of the game also includes:
- A brand new saving system – save your game progress at any point, anytime.
- An entirely new HUD design, with both a new visual appearance and new functionality crafted for Xbox controllers.
- A new camera mode, “rotate and follow”, for easier maneuvering when playing.
- A redesigned user interface with new quick access controls.
- Xbox achievements.