Studio Wildcard, the studio that never sleeps, has rallied its community, tallied up the community votes, and ranked its favorites, and is now proud to announce the winners of its ARK: Survival Evolved Worldwide Mod Contest. The development team received more than 100 mod entries in three categories (Best Total Conversions, Best Map, Best Mod), then rated each on its originality, creativity, graphical quality, and entertainment value to determine the finalists.
From the three contest categories — Map, Mod, and Total Conversion — Studio Wildcard has awarded its three number one winners: Valhalla as Best Map, Advanced Architecture Mod as the Best Mod, and TribeWars as the Best Total Conversion, with each first place winner receiving $10,000 for their efforts, out of a total prize pool of over $64,000. The studio received so many great entrees to the contest that it actually added more slots to the Best Mod and Best Map categories to congratulate its creative community! Running the gamut from Racing Mods, to Wave-Based Action Total Conversions, to Server Administration Utility Mods, Sci-Fi Gameplay Overhauls, and beautiful scenic new worlds, the Wildcard team was once again stunned by the creativity of the ARK mod community.
For new players who want to try out this exciting player-created content, ARK: Survival Evolved is currently on sale for Steam players for 25% off (retail $29.99) and on Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program for 25% off for Gold members and 15% off for Silver members (retail $34.99).
The winners in each category are:
- Valhalla, Created By Excited Kangaroo, Gkainu, Anthonyolson500, Enduran
- Roraima, Created By: Jeff
- Umassoura, Created By: JacksonL
- Madagascar Evolved, Created By: Hey My Team Rules!, itsr2ghgaming
- WickWillow, Created By: TheOriginalDad
- Epic Islands, Created By: Killerzwerg
Best Total Conversion
- TribeWars, Created By: Kenturrac
- Ark Moon Survival, Created By: DavidBC, Matteoni
- Otherworld, Created By: Skellig, Yankee XL
- Cool 15 New Creatures, Created By: Milokamilo
- Advanced Architecture Mod, Created By: Hogs
- NPC Bush Peoples, Created By: Swords
- Annunaki Genesis, Created By: Toranga, Psycho, Alice
- Dino Racing: Evolved, Created By: Mezzo
- MRRadTools.INC Content Pack, Created By: MRRadioactiv
- Ark Futurism, Created By: -(OzSF)-B.Cheers
The top six contestants in each category will receive:
- 1st Place: $10,000
- 2nd Place: $5,000
- 3rd Place: $3,000
- 4th Place: $2,000
- 5th Place: $1,000
- 6th Place: $750
Judging comprised 40% public vote from the community and 60% score from the ARK: Survival Evolved development team. Voters must be a member of survivetheark.com with a minimum of 30 posts in order to place a vote.
ARK players have access to a custom-built version of the Unreal Engine 4 Editor for creating mods, a crucial part of ARK’s development and community involvement. The world of ARK is designed to be modder-friendly and ever-expanding! As part of the newly announced ARK Official Mod Program, The Center fantasy map was added for free to the PC and Xbox One versions of the game this week and the intriguingly Luddite-style mod Primitive Plus be added in July to PC and Xbox as well. The winning Mods & Maps from this Worldwide Mod Contest will also be featured in-game, and further evaluated for potential direct inclusion into the PC and Xbox versions of ARK via the Official Mod Program.