The critically acclaimed Super Mega Baseball series is back with gorgeous new visuals, deep team and league customization, and long-awaited online multiplayer modes as Metalhead Software today announces Super Mega Baseball 2 is launching May 1st on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and PC via Steam for $29.99 USD. Metalhead will release three DLC packs with additional cosmetic customization content on launch day as an optional way for fans to show added support.
Rookie or baseball purist, SMB2 packs a mode for everyone. Compete in ranked Pennant Race mode (1v1), dominate friends in arranged matches (1v1, 2v1, 2v2), or take on the AI (solo, local co-op, online co-op) – all kept fair by Ego, the genre’s most flexible difficulty system. Get a rundown of Super Mega Baseball 2’s gameplay mechanics in this brand new reveal video chock-full of in-game footage.
“With Super Mega Baseball 2 we’ve put together a more sophisticated baseball simulation for the baseball purists, but we’ve also been careful to maintain the pick-up-and-play nature that made the original as accessible as it was,” said Metalhead Co-Founder Scott Drader. “Community feedback massively influenced our design choices for the sequel and we’ll be listening carefully to the community again this time when we’re considering further changes and additional content.”
Super Mega Baseball’s initial iteration earned an 85 Metacritic score and “Sports Game of the Year” honors. Building on the core features of the original, the sequel includes:
- Overhauled presentation including 8 stadiums built from the ground up, more realistically scaled character models, and new, more athletic player animations
- Comprehensive customization of leagues, team logos and uniforms, and player gear
- New competitive and co-operative online modes, utilizing dedicated servers
- Cross-platform play between PC and Xbox One, and between PC and PS4
- Refined baseball simulation with visceral physics and realistic play outcomes
- Enhanced image quality on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro