The agile members of Team South America — Bandeiras Hattori, Zarina, and Nelson — are focusing their energy towards fighting anyone and everyone in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV Tournament!
Even though each member of Team South America are fighting for different reasons, they’ve banded together to help each other out. First off, Bandeiras Hattori is a self-trained ninja who practices the legitimately dangerous art of, uh, Brazilian ninjutsu (not to be confused with Brazilian jiu-jitsu!). Basically, Bandeiras is a 100% certified Brazilian ninja who wants to win the tournament to earn respect and get students for his dojo. Next up is Zarina, the savior of rain forests! She wants to raise money and awareness for the environment, and has zero issues beating up competitors in the name of nature. Zarina will dazzle opponents with her acrobatic Capoeira fighting style and is a strong member of this team. Oh, she’s also bringing along her adorable toucan friend Coco. Lastly, there’s Nelson, the boxing prodigy who wants to punch his way to the top in order to raise money for a loved one. He lost one of his arms in an accident, but was lucky enough to receive a mysterious cybernetic replacement that you could say gives him the upper hand during fights. With his fancy footwork and nasty hooks, Nelson will be a difficult opponent for anyone.
Without further ado, check out the wild Team South America trailer below!
ADDED BONUS! Our KOF XIV E3 exhibition matches have been uploaded to YouTube! We gathered some of the best players in the world to compete, so be prepared for some high level action!
Mr. KoF vs. Reynald
RJ vs. Romance
Tasty Steve vs. Wild_Wallace
DC_Kane317 vs. Meta_Abe
MechaMacGyver vs. TS/NerdJosh
AS/Reynald vs. Romance
Mr. KoF vs. DC_Kane317
TS/NerdJosh vs. Tasty Steve
Romance vs. Mr. KoF
Warahk vs. DC_Kane317
Richard Nguyen vs. MechaMacGyver
Here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF’s visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF ’98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK’s history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There’s a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game’s launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game’s netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4’s online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be $59.99/CA$79.99 at launch. Pre-orders and a limited number of launch editions will arrive in this special SteelBook® case. Plus, for the week following launch, the Classic Kyo costume DLC will be free to all players!