Hear ye, hear ye! Phoenix Online Publishing and Digital Bounce House are excited to announce the developer’s premiere release of their hilarious 8-bit fantasy adventure, Tick’s Tales: Up All Knight, coming on June 9th! Colorful retro-graphics meet a modern comedic narrative in this send-up and homage to the classic point-and-click quest adventures. Coming to the Phoenix Online Store (store.postudios.com), Steam, the Humble Bundle Store, and other online retailers, Tick’s Tales: Up All Knight will be available for PC, Mac, and Linux for $7.99.
Neighborhood troublemaker Tick wants nothing more than to be a hero and earn the love of the girl of his dreams, Georgia McGorgeous. The only way is to pass the tests of Strength, Courage, and Wisdom to prove his worth and draw the legendary Sword of Blergh from the stone! But before Tick can win her heart, he will also have to save Georgia and his entire town from the clutches of the evil goblin Bloodclot!
“I was so entranced by the adventure games of the late 80’s that I learned how to read in order to play them,” said Bryce Covert, creator and one-man team behind the game. “All of the elements that I grew up loving in this genre made their way into Tick’s tales in some form or another. I wanted it to have it all—the unique puzzles, clever humor, and the lighthearted spirit of adventures past, while certainly being something new and entertaining.”
- Thumb your nose at destiny, become the hero you were meant to be, and win the heart of the girl of your dreams!
- Save the town and battle the evil goblin Bloodclot with your magic sword!
- Charming retro 8-bit graphics and a classic quest.
- Clever and challenging puzzles
- Includes a soundtrack of upbeat music to buoy the adventurer’s spirit!
- Fourth-wall breaking fun and humor—great for fans of the golden age of adventure games!
The adventure begins on June 9th!