WeirdBeard Games have announced that their magical block stacking puzzle game Tricky Towers will be coming out for the Nintendo Switch™ on October 11.
Co-founder Niels Monshouwer says: “A Nintendo Switch version of Tricky Towers has been our most requested feature since the console was announced. We have had a ton of requests across social media, email and even a few in person!’’
Tricky Towers is a frantic physics tower building game where your wizard character uses magic to stabilize your tower or to undermine the structure of your opponent’s tower. The game not only grabbed the interest of over 1 million players worldwide across the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation®4.
Tricky Towers is an easy game to get into, yet truly competitive when played in a tournament format. It brings out all kinds of emotions from laughter to surprise and even a thirst for vengeance! While the game has a friendly appearance, make no mistake: it can heat things up in the living room when people get competitive, and the ice blocks won’t cool things down. With tournaments taking place across several different matches and game modes, there’s always a chance to make a come-back. Luckily you can practice anytime with single-player score challenges and 50 wizard trials!
The Nintendo platforms have always been welcoming to gamers of all ages, so it was a no-brainer to listen to our fans and get Tricky Towers on the Nintendo Switch™. To make sure the port to Nintendo Switch™ went smoothly, WeirdBeard Games worked together with the Spanish porting studio BlitWorks, making use of their plentiful experience with the console.
Not only will the game be made available for you on October 11, WeirdBeard Games have made sure to also port all free and paid DLC. Expect five additional brick skin packs, four spirit animal characters and a special Indie Friends DLC pack with even more characters to choose from. As if that wasn’t enough, there’s a special offer for the early birds among us!
• Conjure up your wizard’s tower: cleverly stack your summoned blocks and use over 17 different spells to build the trickiest tower!
• Undermine your rivals: use dark spells to hamper or even push over your competitors’ towers, but beware – they can use these spells on you as well!
• Match your wizardry online: play with up to 4 players locally or online in one of the 3 game modes available – survival, race and puzzle.
• Take up tricky wizard trials: these challenges require a sharp mind and shrewd magical engineering!
• Become the archwizard: climb up the leaderboard and see how you rank among your peers.
• Win the Wizardry cup: Participate in local and online tournaments and become the next Harry Potter!
Pre-purchase Tricky Towers now for the Nintendo Switch!