Developers Blackmill Games and M2H have just released WW1 PC-hit Verdun on the Xbox One.
Verdun was originally slated for release last year, but after several setbacks the developers decided to delay the Xbox One version in August 2016. They’ve worked hard in the past months to bring their WW1 first-person-shooter to the Xbox One community. Now the day is finally here, and to reward the patience and loyalty from the community the game will have a 40% discount at launch!
The latest addition to the game, Scottish troops, will be added to Xbox One in a free patch after release.
To celebrate this long anticipated Xbox One release, there will be another community sharing event where players can win several Xbox One Verdun keys and Verdun thermos flasks. All players have to do is share a screenshot, gif or video showing how they would heat things up in the trenches – either on our Facebook or via Twitter with the hashtag #fireupVerdun.
Verdun is the first multiplayer FPS set in a realistic World War One setting. Merciless trench warfare offers a unique battlefield experience, immersing you and your squad into intense battles of attack and defense.
The game takes place on the western front between 1914 and 1918, in one of the bloodiest conflicts in world history. The developers were inspired by the infamous Battle of Verdun in 1916. The game offers 4 distinct game-modes; Frontlines, Attrition, Rifle Deathmatch and Squad Defense. There are also many historically accurate features included such as realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, gore, and maps based on the real battlefields of France and Belgium.
Verdun key features include:
• Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, accurate gore, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience, and ferocious artillery barrages
• Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad leveling system, distinct squad types and roles, and voice chat
• True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counter-attack gameplay
• Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields set on the Western Front
• Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline, tactical Attrition, skill-based Rifle Deathmatch and desperate survival in Squad Defense