A new game mode is being made the focus of this Public Test, but even more awaits you in Update 0.5.8. Come test it with us!
The Public Test will be running from 28 June at 18:30 CEST until 4 July at 15:00 CEST. Keep in mind that this is a testing environment and unannounced maintenance and patch deployments can happen at any time during the Public Test phase.
What to expect in Public Test 0.5.8?
Bastion Game Mode
To provide gameplay diversity during high-Tier battles, we have come up with a game mode called “Bastion”. Available only on the “Atlantic” map for now, this mode will have you assaulting or defending onshore installations, such as forts and strategic stations like radars or smaller fortifications. Neutralising or capturing these will net you Domination points, so it should be familiar to all who have tried “Domination” battles at higher Tiers.
New Maps for Tiers VII-X
The ever expanding roster of new environments to battle in will be joined by two diverse maps for high-Tier clashes. Take a look.
Enhanced Amour Models for Cruisers
While the Soviet and German cruisers have been modelled quite recently, and therefore with better precision, the Japanese and American models were a bit lacking in that department. Not for long! Your favourite cruisers in the US and Japanese tech-trees are getting a well deserved facelift!
Your deeds on the battlefield will now be tracked with even more detail, including ricochets, over penetrations, non-penetrations etc. The “damage counter” finally appears during the game and is updated in real time.
The Matchmaker is the game component responsible for selecting the composition of both teams in the battle. With the overhauled system, we are now aiming to have the number of top-Tier ships in battle strictly balanced.
In version 0.5.8, we are launching a new and improved matchmaker for the Random Battles mode. The purpose of this change is to exclude situations when players could immediately guess the outcome of a battle by the composition of the teams, and to make confrontations more honest.
The features of the new matchmaker are as follows:
- Situations when opposing teams appeared to have different number of players were completely excluded;
- Aircraft carriers in opposing teams will continue to belong to the same tier;
- In every battle, we have “battle tiers”, i.e. the maximum tier of a ship for a given battle. Ships of tiers corresponding to the tier of the battle are called “tops” or “top ships”. The following rules will apply to them:
- Permissible difference in the number of divisions between the teams is limited and now equals 1;
- Permissible difference in the number of destroyers between the teams is limited and now equals 1;
- Permissible difference in the number of battleships between the teams is limited and now equals 1;
- Permissible difference in the number of cruisers between the teams is limited and now equals 2;
- For each type, the number of top ships will be strictly symmetrical. For example, if in a Tier VIII battle one team has two Tier VIII battleships, two Tier IX cruisers and one Tier VIII destroyer, the other team would also have two Tier VIII battleships, two Tier IX cruisers and one Tier VIII destroyer;
The above rule also applies to battleships belonging to a Tier that is one step lower than the Tier of the battle. For example, if in a Tier VIII battle one team has one Tier VII battleship, the other team would also have one Tier VII battleship.
We also recommend addressing some of the things that have to be tested to determine whether they’re necessary or not:
- The new matchmaker logic does not provide for any ‘mixing’ of ships by nation, i.e. theoretically, there could be a situation where three Japanese destroyers will encounter three U.S. ones;
- If it takes too long to assemble teams for a battle for whatever reason, battles may be fought between teams with incomplete lineup (11х11, 10х10 etc.);
- Balancing the lowest Tier ships outside of their type is allowed. For example, a tier VIII battle could involve a Tier VI destroyer against a Tier VI battleship;
- Balancing two same-type ships with enemy ships of adjacent Tiers is allowed if they are not in the top of the team and if they are not battleships. For example, in a Tier VIII battle, a Tier VI cruiser could find herself against a Tier VII cruiser on the opposing team;
- Divisions may include ships of various tiers (low-tier ships are allowed to divisions with high-tier ships);
Meanwhile, the team of World of Warships developers would like to express their gratitude to all commanders who send in their ideas and comments regarding the matchmaker. We will continue to collect your feedback on update 0.5.8 to make the process of selecting ships for a battle fair and enjoyable for all players.
There are more features to test and even more to enjoy in the upcoming Update 0.5.8!
Hop onto the Public Test server to go hands on with the new stuff before it comes into the game later this month.
For participating in our Public Test, you will be rewarded the following goodies on the live server once the update hits the open waters.
Get 3 signal flags of each type on your live account for playing one battle on the Public Test server in a division
Get 1 day of Premium on the live server for winning 10 battles on the test server playing in a cruiser
Get an additional 1 day of Premium for sinking a total of 20 cruisers in any battleship or an aircraft carrier
Rewards will be delivered via a bonus code sent to your registered TEST ACCOUNT email address on the day of the release of the update or slightly after.
What resources will you get on the Public Test server?
- Tier IV ships will be invoiced to all players at the start of the test.
- Research prices of Tier V ships and further will be significantly lowered, so that players can easily reach the top Tiers in just a few battles.
- Research prices for modules will be discounted.
- Account Level 12 upon the first login.
- Premium Account for 7 days upon the first login.
- 30,000 Doubloons so as to be able to easily redistribute commander skills and use Premium consumables.
- 1,000,000,000 Credits so you can get anything in the game.
- Assorted signal flags for testing.
Please note that resources from the previous Public Tests have been wiped.