Developer Abstraction Games today announced that it is bringing co-op puzzle adventure title Pitfall Planet to Nintendo Switch in Fall 2018. Featuring the cutest pair of robots this side of the Milky Way, Pitfall Planet’s action takes place on a distant, forgotten mining world. Play as the two astrobots, who after being stranded and separated from their ship, must traverse the subterranean caves of the ruined planet, overcoming its many perils in the process.
In Pitfall Planet, you and your friend are equipped with the latest and greatest in astro-mining technology. Players can use their grappling hooks to pick up objects (including each other!) and throw them over gaps or cliffs. To collect all the ore in each level, you’ll learn to master the art of teamwork! With the help of your buddy, activate otherwise unreachable buttons and levers, navigate to higher areas using crates with the help of your buddy, hop across sections with bouncy pads and overcome rockets, tanks, and more!
As if hours of challenging puzzle-based gameplay is not enough, players can then spend their gems upgrading the two protagonists with a range of fancy headwear to make them the best-dressed robots on the planet, perhaps even the galaxy. Originally created and released on PC by Bonfire Games, Pitfall Planet’s gorgeous graphics, challenging gameplay and abundance of humour and charm make it a perfect fit for the Nintendo Switch and its couch-based co-op gameplay.
- Two player local co-op for hours of couch-based fun!
- Gorgeous graphics bring the robots and the vibrant planet to life
- Play with a friend through a variety of levels with intriguing puzzles and dangerous enemies.
- Explore a mysterious overworld to discover caverns and secrets.
- Find hidden gems in every level, which can be used to unlock HATS!
- Play on one Nintendo Switch using two Joy-Con controllers
- Throw your friends into pits of lava!
- Do it again! Don’t worry, they’ll be just fine.