Today developer Midgar Studio and publisher Dear Villagers have announced the second chapter of 3D JRPG Edge of Eternity titled ‘The Plains of Solna’, has launched on Steam Early Access.
The second of four major expansions planned for Edge of Eternity, it will add hours of new story content, drastically expand the game’s world and introduces erstwhile companion Nekaroo. Currently in Early Access, the game will fully launch next year.
The Plains of Solna – Chapter 2 update highlights:
- The tale continues: Daryon and Selent confront both the ghosts of their pasts and old rivals in their attempts to find elusive master Alpharius.
- Explore new parts of the world: Discover a vastly expanded game, twice the size of chapter one, including a new dungeon, city, playable characters and 4-5 hours of playable content
- Survive the Lighthouse, a brand new procedurally generated dungeon of 100 floors. The first 10 will be available to test your skill against.
- Ride a Nekaroo: Adorable companion Nekaroo makes its debut, ready to ferry you through the vastly expanded world. Nekaroo have multiple abilities including assisting you track down hidden chests, tracking NPC’s and rewards! You’ll be able to participate in Nekaroo races too!
- Legendary composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, adds further magic with his spellbinding soundtrack.
- Many more surprises: As well as new monsters, weapons, quests, and characters, you’ll now be able to sprint whilst exploring, experience new weather effects like snow, acid rain and sandstorms as well as over 100 bug fixes and usability improvements.
Check out the full list of changes, updates and new content via the Patch Notes announcement here on Steam.
About Edge of Eternity
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield. Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion and save the world of Heryon.
- An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through the world of Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack from Yasunori Mitsuda : Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage! Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Watch them grow and evolve throughout the story, as you live through it yourself. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.