Monsters and Monocles is a frantic, Victorian steampunk themed twin-stick shooter all about using teamwork and heavy weaponry to battle the hordes of evil. A naive occult collector has unknowingly unleashed a great evil that is spreading across the globe, and it’s up to you and a team of quirky paranormal investigators to find the source of this dark energy and blast it back to where it came from.
Playing solo, or with up to four players online or locally, fight your way through unique, procedurally generated environments using powerful weapons like the blunderbuss, stake launcher, and crumpet cannon to aid you in battle. Find and equip relics to customize your weapons and add new abilities to match your play style. Upgrade them by destroying enemies, vanquishing fearsome bosses and looting treasure chests. Your team shares a single pool of lives, so you need to stick together, revive fallen comrades, and watch each other’s backs.
- 4 player co-op – Both local and online
- Co-op centric gameplay – Revive teammates and shared pool of lives across all players
- Challenging single player
- Procedural levels, enemies, power-ups, objectives, and secrets
- Customizable abilities – Collect relics that can be upgraded to match your play style
- Huge bosses
- Sound design & Music by Hyperduck Soundworks
- Dogs wearing smoking jackets